GARDEN ASSOCIATION RULES
1. We are Subject to all State Park Rules and Regulations. Trash is to be taken home!!!!
2. THE GARDEN COMMITTEE reserves the right to the use, mention, or the representation of the BENJAMIN RUSH GARDENS by name on social media of any kind.
3. Gardening does not begin until you have been assigned your plot, received your ID and the gardens have been staked out.
4. Plot must be roped off ASAP. Any plot not started within 2 weeks will be reassigned.
5. Do not remove or alter the position of the White Garden stakes at anytime.
6. The Garden Committee must be notified if you wish to give up your garden at any time before closing. No one may garden for you.
7. We are a volunteer run organization; each and every gardener is required to help out during the season or be subject to higher garden fee.
8. To fulfill participation requirement gardeners must
a) Attend the general meeting
b) Assist on closing day
c) participate in at least one cleanup day or assist with garden operations
(Note: exceptions will be the discretion of the committee.)
9. Water is for gardening only. We pay for water usage.
10. Nozzles are required. Unattended sprinklers are prohibited. Soaker hoses are not permitted.
11. There are to be no trenches on the edges of the aisles, the aisles are to remain flat, uncluttered and easy to mow. This is a safety issue!!!
12. No Containers of plants or Standing Water
13. No Hoses in the aisles, garden equipment must be stored within your garden plot.
14. THERE IS TO BE NO CONSTRUCTION FENCING of ANY COLOR, PLASTIC ZIP TIES, PVC PIPE, METAL POLES, PLASTIC AND FOAM CUPS, TIN CANS, RUGS, RUBBER MATTING, OR ANY OTHER ITEMS THAT ARE NOT BIODEGRADABLE. Tomato cages are permissible.
15.Up to 6 FT wire fence is permitted on bottom only. Garden Netting may be used to supplement height to prevent deer but must be at least 1ft. off the ground.
16. Ground cover to be used is newspaper, straw, compost or grass clippings. It must be securely placed as not to create litter. NO ROCKS to hold things down. Bark type mulch,Wood chips and Phila. Water Dept. compost is prohibited.
17. Do not dump weeds in aisles or abandon gardens. Put in compost piles.
18. Gardeners are responsible for maintaining the aisles adjacent and touching their gardens.
19. All Plants materials must be removed before closing day and deposited in designated compost piles. Garden is to be left as found by closing or a fee will be assessed before returning next year. Ditches are to be filled in and garden leveled.
20.Gardeners who fail to maintain or properly clean out their garden will be assessed a $35.00 per garden clean up fee that must be paid before returning the following season.
21. RED TAG on your garden indicates that you are in violation of the garden rules. You have one week to make corrections or may be subject to loss of garden privileges.
22. Gardens are considered abandon when weeds are as high as white stakes. Abandon gardens will be removed and abandonment will result in loss of garden privileges.
23. Cleaning out your garden must be done before closing day !
24. Respect for each other’s garden is expected. Immediate termination from garden assoc. if found to be stealing.
25. Problems and violations are to be brought to the attention of the committee.(officers, coordinator ,or row captains)